MNA Chaplain Ministry
This ministry of our denomination serves our military forces as well as numerous civilian organizations: civilian and V A hospitals, retirement communities, hospices, police forces, correctional facilities, the Civil Air Patrol, and others.
In this time of global conflict with terrorism, with much of our military deployed abroad, the chaplain's ministry is especially critical to serving the spiritual needs of our military personnel.
Also served by the chaplain's ministry are veterans of foreign Wars who receive both inpatient and long-term outpatient care at the nation's V A hospitals and need spiritual ministering.
Our prayer for Mission to North America (MNA) administration of military chaplains connects us in a very positive way with the men and women who currently serve, and have served, in our country's armed forces to safeguard our freedoms.
Chaplain Jeff Skipper
Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Jeff Skipper has been serving as a Chaplain in the United States Air Force at Hill Air Force Base since September, 2021. Before following God’s call into the military, Jeff served as a PCA Teaching Elder and Church Planter in Winter Haven, FL from 2013-2021. Jeff is married to Marissa and together they have three boys: Jonathan, Isaac, and Brooks. Jeff currently is the lead chaplain of the Protestant community on base and spends the majority of his time ministering to Airmen and their families. He serves within multiple high-risk units where Airmen face significant struggles, leading to many counseling opportunities. Marissa works as a clinical Social Worker and runs her own private counseling practice. God has been faithful as they’ve transitioned into the military and they’re currently enjoying the outdoors in Utah.
Chaplain Skipper states: It is a great privilege to minister to the men, women, and their families who serve our nation, but the lifestyle comes with its own unique challenges both personally and professionally.
Prayer Requests for 2022-23:
• Jeff as he leads multiple Airmen retreats and events this Spring.
• Jeff as he serves as the Installation Project Officer for an Air Force wide campaign.
• Marissa as a military wife, mother and counselor.
• Our boys to trust the Lord as they grow and deal with often difficult changing circumstanc-es. Pray they find faithful friends along this journey.
• Wisdom and courage as we continue to trust God as a family. Specifically, pray for discernment and guidance as the Skippers weigh potential oppor-tunities for their next assignment.
• Everyone in our family is healthy and happy!