Belize, Central America
John and Karen met at Covenant College on Lookout Mtn, GA. John holds a master’s degree in Human Resources Management, and undergraduate degrees as an RN and a paramedic. Karen’s degree is in elementary educa-tion. The Stodghills have served in MTW disaster relief since 2003.
John and Karen became full time missionaries in 2015 as church planters in the Bahamas. In 2019, God called them to Belize, Central America. John serves as MTW team leader for the country and preaches in a church in western Belize. The focus of ministry is church revitalization as well as church planting. They both work countrywide with the Presbyterian Church in Belize leadership development, the Presbyterian schools, and the Presbyterian Medical Clinic. God has opened doors allowing community development through health care, emergency services, and assisting in schools.
John and Karen were married after college in 1986 and have 3 grown and married children: twin sons, and a daughter. They have been blessed with 10 grand-children—7 boys and 3 girls.
• There are 16 Presbyterian churches that have been established, with only 4 national pas-tors, one missionary pastor, and John and 11 other ruling elders in the whole denomina-tion.
• Education of leaders as proficient reading and writing is low.
• The high cost of gasoline and vehicles makes it hard for most to travel in the country.
Goals for 2022:
• Continued training and ordination of more leaders.
• More members to become Sunday School leaders.
• To be training three (3) pastoral candidates.
• Grow the Bible study in Belmopan, the capital city of Belize, into an official church plant.
• For health to do the work God has called us to do.
• Continued growth in our churches throughout the country.
• The development of Emergency Medical Response services in much of the Cayo district.
• For so many open doors to share the gospel
• For continued spiritual growth through discipleship for our churches.
• For a RUF pastor or Missionary pastor to join our team to work in university ministries in Belmopan.
• How to effectively assist in education. (We have eight (8) schools in our Presbyterian sys-tem)
• Pray for an Internal Medicine doctor or strong family practice nurse practitioner to join our team.